You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome to VEP!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Welcome to VEP! on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:51 pm

Mobius

Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
Hey everybody, I'm Vis Vires! Welcome to VEP, and as for my introduction, well, here goes!

I played FFXI and World of Warcraft for years. Aside from my day job, I spend almost all of my time gaming and hanging out with my gamer friends.

My favorite games are: FF4, FF6, FF11, FF12, Metroid (series), God of War (series), Fallout (series), Shadow of the Colossus, Warcraft (series), Starcraft (series), Persona (series), and hopefully FF14.

I play guitar, draw, and I really like hot wings. I lived in Japan for 2 years. I have a pet cat and my dream is to have a really awesome linkshell full of really cool people that like to work together.

Below, I've tested out some embedded stuff for the post. Feel free to link pictures and videos in here!

Operation: Reave-quest
Blinding Dagger
Absorb ATK

View user profile

2 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:08 pm

Mnezeran

Michelin Chef
Michelin Chef
great video

View user profile

3 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:55 pm

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
Hey guys, Orihime Inoue here. Glad to be here.

My real name's Allan. My character names for Retail are a toss up right now, but I am definitely going to be a Miqo'te and most likely a main crafter. I'm deciding between Alpha Kat, Fractal Illusion, or Synthetic Syndicate as my final in-game names during Retail.

I'm a big MMO gamer. I started playing when I was really young with MMOs like Ragnarok Online and Runescape, then went to various f2p MMOs, and then EVE Online, then FFXI for multiple years, and now I make my home in FFXIV.

I am currently going to school for IT Security, so I may not have much free-time mid-week, but I am still going to try and play at least 5-10 hours a day. Very Happy Hope to see you all in-game when retail launches. 2 weeks to go!

View user profile

4 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:35 am

Mobius

Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
Hey Orihime! Yeah, it's going to be great around here once we start filling in. We'll be getting vent up and running soon too.

View user profile

5 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 1:33 am

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
Sounds like a plan. Can't wait for that. I explain things better talking instead of having to type it out on FFXIV where it cuts me off after a sentence or two.

View user profile

6 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 2:47 am

there really isn't alot of typing buffer in ffxiv if you're trying to convey something is there Smile

Hey all

Chesh

View user profile

7 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:01 am

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
Welcome to the boards Cheshire. Glad to have you. I guess that means you shall be joining us for Retail, eh? Very Happy We need awesome members. Very Happy

View user profile

8 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:32 am

Mobius

Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
Hey there Chesh!

Yes, the vent server is going to make things way more convenient for us communication wise and I'm looking forward to talking with you guys. tongue

View user profile

9 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:09 pm

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
I agree. In my opinion any good guild/clan/linkshell NEEDS to have this, at least for end-game if no other reason. Plus it's a good way to socialize as well. 12 more days till I get my CE copy of FFXIV! I'm so excited!

View user profile

10 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:24 pm

Mobius

Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
I'm already thinking about our first meeting on vent - we'll talk about the LS crest, servers, loot, etc. Can't wait!

View user profile

11 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Fri Sep 10, 2010 5:09 pm

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
Lol, we should have it by the weekend, right? So a few days. I'm excited. Trying to pick out a retainer, but there aren't any I like. xD

View user profile

12 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:07 am

MagicEmperor

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Hello, I'm currently playing on Fabul Server under the name Magic Emperor. I'm exploring crafting at the moment as it seems like we'll have to craft our own armor if you want any upgrades after release; still no low level shops in game.

I had posted on Eorzeapedia asking after any LS's that might be recruiting on Fabul and received a msg from Armada about yalls LS. I sent in my application via e-mail early disevening.

Look forward to seeing yall in game.

View user profile

13 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:12 am

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
Ah sounds good man. Glad to have you. But yeah, I'm one of the more actives. I would be happy to accept you into the linkshell on Fabul. If you hit me up with a /tell I will warp to your location (I have all three cities, so distance isn't an issue for me) My name is Orihime Inoue, so just do a /tell Orihime Inoue and I will get right back to you. I'm usually active from like...1 PM EST to about 3-4 AM EST except on school days. Hope to hear from you soon!

View user profile

14 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 5:07 am

Mobius

Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
Hey there Magic Emperor Ghalian! I must have missed you yesterday while online - let's try and contact each other tomorrow so I can toss you a pearl. Welcome to Valens et Praetoria!

View user profile

15 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:00 pm

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
I just wrote some basic tips for anyone who is interested. Although I assume most of us here are already experienced enough, and won't really find it too helpful. xD

View user profile

16 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:49 pm

blackstorm

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Hey everybody, just applied. I plan on making Fabul my home, FF4 being my favorite. I'm coming from WoW, having grown weary of the game and community and I'll set fire to my CE if I see people on Chocobos blocking vital NPCs(Sorry Amano Wink)

I missed out on FFXI but I've been playing MMOs pretty steadily over the years. FF-themed MUDs > Ultima Online > City of Heroes > World of Warcraft > Warhammer Online > World of Warcraft. Huge Final Fantasy fan but FF4 is the only SNES game I had where the cartridge battery died(Still played it, just over the weekend nonstop)

I plan on playing mostly support roles, as I find them the most fun.

View user profile

17 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:52 pm

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
Glad to have you! I'm not sure at this point what server we plan on going to for retail. Are you in the open beta currently? If so message Orihime Inoue and I will teleport to you and give you a linkshell invite. Very Happy Hope to see you in-game.

View user profile

18 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:13 pm

MagicEmperor

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
I'll be in game when the servers are up again today. I'm reconsidering my starter city though because I can't find a mob that drops wind shards near Gridania. Tons of earth shards, but no wind shards. Wind shards are required by weaving in most of the recipes I've seen so far.

View user profile

19 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:31 pm

Orihime

Behemoth
Behemoth
MagicEmperor wrote:I'll be in game when the servers are up again today. I'm reconsidering my starter city though because I can't find a mob that drops wind shards near Gridania. Tons of earth shards, but no wind shards. Wind shards are required by weaving in most of the recipes I've seen so far.
Wind shards can be found on sheep near limsa lominsa, and also beetles sometimes drop them near Ul'dah. Sheep are the most plentiful mob though, so I suggest starting in limsa lominsa. Once there you are going to want to leave the city by heading out east, and once you leave, open your map and look directly south. There is a thin land area connecting to a big island. That island is full of sheep. Happy hunting!

View user profile

20 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:10 pm

Landura

The Last Paladin
The Last Paladin
Hey guys, Landura checking in!
I finally got around to posting my intro ^^

I've been playing MMO's for a while now, started with Ultima Online and eventually ended up in FFXI where I discovered the wonders of tanking on my pally. I then hopped to WoW where I tanked and healed on my druid. Tanking's what I love to do and I hope to carry that over to FFXIV!

I'm a big FF fan, favs being 4, 6, 12, and tactics. I also love Chrono Trigger and the Secret of Mana series. I love gaming in general, and I've been playing for a long time.

I should be online in a bit and hope to see you guys online, this is going to be a kick-ass linkshell!

View user profile

21 Hiya on Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:54 pm

rustic1

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Hi everyone, planning on returning to Fabul server after i get my CE. I'm a big fan of RPG's in general.
As far as MMO's go i've played FF XI, Lotro, STO. Also various mud's and mushes. See all of you in game here in a few days. Very Happy

View user profile

22 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:13 pm

Mobius

Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard
Welcome aboard Rustic1! Smile

View user profile

23 Re: Welcome to VEP! on Mon Sep 20, 2010 5:00 pm

rustic1

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Thanks Very Happy