You are not connected. Please login or register

IRC & Crafting

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 IRC & Crafting on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:34 pm

Good Day,
We should get an IRC or chat channel of some sort together for server downtimes.... I am sitting here on my day off, going insane wanting to play... lol, I guess that is a good sign. Just a suggestion.

I've been researching crafting as I wanted to start making weapons and realized that we should really get a group of people together focused on crafting as the weapons and such will require combines from most crafting classes.

For Example:

Bronze Spatha (Blacksmith)
- Bronze Spatha Blade (Blacksmith)
- Bronze Sword Grip (Goldsmith)
- Leather Sword Guard (Leatherworker)
- Brass Rivets (Armorer)

and that is just for a Rank 6 Gladiator Blade. Now that said I plan to work on all crafting classes when I am not doing my primary class stuff... but it would help if we had people dedicated to crafting, and working together to make gear for ourselves.

Averros/Averra Ancientus

View user profile

2 Re: IRC & Crafting on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Orihime

avatar
Behemoth
Behemoth
Averra Ancientus wrote:Good Day,
We should get an IRC or chat channel of some sort together for server downtimes.... I am sitting here on my day off, going insane wanting to play... lol, I guess that is a good sign. Just a suggestion.

I've been researching crafting as I wanted to start making weapons and realized that we should really get a group of people together focused on crafting as the weapons and such will require combines from most crafting classes.

For Example:

Bronze Spatha (Blacksmith)
- Bronze Spatha Blade (Blacksmith)
- Bronze Sword Grip (Goldsmith)
- Leather Sword Guard (Leatherworker)
- Brass Rivets (Armorer)

and that is just for a Rank 6 Gladiator Blade. Now that said I plan to work on all crafting classes when I am not doing my primary class stuff... but it would help if we had people dedicated to crafting, and working together to make gear for ourselves.

Averros/Averra Ancientus

I will be a carpenter/leatherworker/alchemist, more than likely.

View user profile

3 Re: IRC & Crafting on Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:44 pm

Orihime wrote:I will be a carpenter/leatherworker/alchemist, more than likely.

I actually think I am going to focus on crafting, I think it would be nice to play the market and be wealthy Smile I also would love to be able to supply the guild with gear. It does appear that crafted gear is some of the best.... might change at launch but currently.

Averros/Averra Ancientus

View user profile

4 Re: IRC & Crafting on Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:23 pm

MagicEmperor

avatar
Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Ya, its going to be tough making gear unless you have a few folks coordinating together. It will probably be helpful to have an official request thread whereby folks can post what item and the pieces that are required and someone else can sign off on making whatever pieces they are able.

I'm not to sure on how important the quality of an item is, but just getting it made is pretty easy for the most part. I only run into trouble when I start trying to do bold synthesis.

For release I'll definently be focusing on weaving and probably leatherworking. The other issue I forsee is the vast amount of crystals we'll require. In beta I've run into a lot of issues with acquiring wind shards; if anyone knows what mob to farm to get a bunch please let me know.

View user profile

5 Re: IRC & Crafting on Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:53 pm

Orihime

avatar
Behemoth
Behemoth
That's actually a very good idea. When retail helps I will make a request forum, along with the various crafts in a sub-forum format. Thanks for this idea. : D

View user profile

6 Re: IRC & Crafting on Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:29 am

MagicEmperor

avatar
Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Going to try out being a botanist tomorrow. The more I learn about crafting and what is required the more involved and complex it becomes. It really boils down to how many folks we're going to have to throw at this and if each person is able to commit to raising a crafting job. If we can get 1 person per crafting job and really coordinate between us this will be a piece of cake I feel. But if it ends up being a couple of people having to level 2 - 3 crafting jobs this is going to turn into a bit of a challenge. It might be nice to start out as a conjurer with pimpin gear though. One note regarding myself though: I REFUSE TO FISH. I just cannot get my head around this one.

View user profile

7 Re: IRC & Crafting on Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:04 am

Orihime

avatar
Behemoth
Behemoth
MagicEmperor wrote:Going to try out being a botanist tomorrow. The more I learn about crafting and what is required the more involved and complex it becomes. It really boils down to how many folks we're going to have to throw at this and if each person is able to commit to raising a crafting job. If we can get 1 person per crafting job and really coordinate between us this will be a piece of cake I feel. But if it ends up being a couple of people having to level 2 - 3 crafting jobs this is going to turn into a bit of a challenge. It might be nice to start out as a conjurer with pimpin gear though. One note regarding myself though: I REFUSE TO FISH. I just cannot get my head around this one.

Haha, ffxivcore.com has a pretty good fishing guide here, which I will also post in the appropriate subtopic. It helped me out a lot. Check it out here. http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/10378-master-bait-a-guide-to-fishing/

View user profile

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum