Are you guys quibbling over semantics again? Honeslty, I turn my back for 5 seconds...
Geeze, I don't even have to look at this thread to know how we ended up on the subject of arrogance again.
- OP: Ima startin' a thread about how the GUI sucks or is fine (it doesn't particularly matter).
- FFXIV non-fan: I hate this game because the GUI sucks!
- FFXIV fan: Funny, I enjoy the game, maybe the GUI was a little hard to use, but I got used to it quickly enough. There is some lag, and that's annoying, but I can handle it and the developers say they're working on it so that's good enough for me.
- FFXIV non-fan: I can't understand the stupid words coming out of your mouth! You're holding back the entire genre! They could make so much more money if they interested people, like me, by copying the GUIs I know! I hate this game because the GUI sucks, that is wrong, automatically, forever!
- FFXIV fan: Have you tried adapting to it?
- FFXIV non-fan: I shouldn't have to adapt to CRAP. Maybe you're not listening to me? I hate this game because the GUI sucks!
- FFXIV fan: You know, it seems sort of stupid and lazy to refuse to adapt-
- FFXIV non-fan: ARROGANCE! I CALL ARROGANCE ON YOU!
- FFXIV fan: Oh, god, I'm so glad this game repels you, I'll be so glad to be free of you idiots.
- FFXIV non-fan: YOU SEE WHAT I MEAN? ARROGANCE!
- FFXIV fan: Listen, according to the definition of the word you're being just as arrogant as me by insisting we change the game we enjoy to please you-
- FFXIV non-fan: I DON'T HAVE TO LISTEN TO ARROGANT PEOPLE! I WIN!
I had to quote this here, because almost every thread I read on forums these days turns out almost exactly like this! I nearly pissed myself laughing!