You are not connected. Please login or register

Rantings of the Ranter

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rantings of the Ranter on Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:30 am

Vittoria217

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
I was theorizing the other day while in the shower (lol?). Basically I came up with an actual live auction house that was instanced and fully automated. Once the idea popped into my head a slew of ideas came out for the next 20 minutes or so. Sometimes I wish I had close relations to someone in this company so they could work off of them =\ Basically, you would talk to an NPC set in each of the major cities. Once instanced inside the Auction House, you could either opt to be a buyer or seller. You could then select which "type" of item(s) you would want in submenus - ie. Weapons, craft materials (per profession), armor (generalized for class or a specific slot). You would then be transfered into a seperate biding room where you either sold your good set at a base value amount, or could sit in a crowd (mini-game like appearance?), and bid on items using your bar(just like any other profession). Possibly make it into a seperate Discipline of the Hand? And abilities could be implemented to use tactics when bidding and/or recieve an overall cost reduction (2,3 or 5%) at no cost to the seller. Also, if items could be classified into ranks, it would work wonders.

As a side note, I really like this idea because it would be more effective than an auction house, where items sit forever. You could still charge a nominal 5% or 10% fee just like in any other retainer/auction house in any game. It would be extrememly useful if done right.

View user profile

2 Re: Rantings of the Ranter on Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:00 am

The Doctor

Onion Knight
Onion Knight
Interesting, very direct in its working.

But the "trader" profession is incredibly fascinating. As you lev you could gain a bonus on items sold to npc's and rebates or deductions on items bought. Perhaps even when crafting for other profession have a "luck" attribute that could from time to time give you a randomly better quality item or create a double of the item being crafted.

But how that would work with pc's .....requires more imagination than I currently have at this hour.

I do wonder how the AH will be set up.....completely free market or will there be regulation and if so will it be effective or just annoying like FFXI with its taxes.

View user profile

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum