Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Crafter - Main Survey - Who is on first?

+5
Resi
blackstorm
The Doctor
Orihime
Crazyd
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Crafter - Main Survey - Who is on first? Empty Crafter - Main Survey - Who is on first? Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:19 am

Crazyd

Crazyd
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

I haven't seen a Crafting Role call so figured I'd start one.

We seriously need Leatherworker / Blacksmith / Armorers -- I've seen a few ppl dabling but the only way your going to be good is if you work on them.

Give a shout out which craft line you are taking... Pick one... any one! not really good for 2 or 3 yet... just one. Alchemey is easy to start and lvl up a bit, but you can't turn crystals easy... level 18 is going to be hard to do. Even Alchemey after lvl 12.

I'll start it off --

Weaver Rank 16

Orihime

Orihime
Behemoth
Behemoth

I'm an Alchemist/Carpenter but will be picking up other crafts such as Armorer and Blacksmith eventually.

Oh yeah, I'm a 14 alchemist, and an 11 Carpenter, working towards 15.

The Doctor

The Doctor
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Armor rank 9, BlackSmith rank 11, Carpenter rank 8.

(They would be higher at this point but I started over with new character on Saturday)

Trying to be able to make at least basic bronze armor and bronze swords.

Once those 3 are lv 15 I'll begin work on leather as a minor to be able to cover over 60% of the syth process myself. I don't believe I'll be touching alchemist; never had much skill or luck with it in FFXI. So glues and things of that nature will be my weakness as I move into more wood crafting in the next week.

Last edited by The Doctor on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

blackstorm

Onion Knight
Onion Knight

I'm planning on going Leatherworking/Armorcraft mainly.

10 Armorer/9 Leatherworker

Last edited by blackstorm on Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Ranks)

Right now I'm up to 10 Goldsmithing, and some misc. levels on some other crafts. I might wind up going Weaving, too, with some blacksmithing mixed in for ingot purposes.

Resi

Resi
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Goldsmithing!

That's my primary for now. However buying items for my crafting is more expensive than learning how leather craft, Weaving, mining, and black smithing the basics. At least that's how it seems right now.

For example...Bone chips and femurs are readily available in Ul'Dah but sell for roughly 500 a piece, more when I've found them in bazaars. The items they produce are only worth 100-200 gil in the NPC market and have sold at all so far in my Bazaar (not surprised, they don't do much).

Orihime

Orihime
Behemoth
Behemoth

Actually one bone chip can make a bone ring which usually sells for a few thousand. Very Happy Hope that will help you level your goldsmithing a bit. Very Happy

Resi

Resi
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Orihime wrote:Actually one bone chip can make a bone ring which usually sells for a few thousand. Very Happy Hope that will help you level your goldsmithing a bit. Very Happy

I haven't been able to sell any of my bone rings both priced over a thousand.

The thing I miss about the AH is being to see price history.

Orihime

Orihime
Behemoth
Behemoth

Hmm, maybe the area you are in? Then again, lots of people seem to be goldsmiths.

The Doctor

The Doctor
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

In LL you can pick up a bone ring for less than 1000gil. I venture a guess in that rings will be much as they were in FFXI; unless they give you a major stat boost in dex, def, att, hp or mp they won't sell too well. Even more so if a AH comes online in the next month.

The market is starting to stabilize as more people start crafting into higher lvs.

Crazyd

Crazyd
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

- Forgot we need ingame names posted as well.

Crazyd Fuzz - Weaver 16

Resi

Resi
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

They seem to be pretty anti-AH...but in a week or two SE has said they'd be implementing search and item type specific retainers and wards.

Admin

Admin
Megalixir
Megalixir

Mobius Philosoma

Weaver 14
Goldsmith 10
Leather 10
Blacksmith 5

I plan on taking these up with a focus on Weaving and Goldsmith

Jimma24

New User
New User

I plan on going along with blacksmithing as my main, then work on Leather and Clothcraft as secondary.

eagleclaw

New User
New User

I'm Cooking 10, Fishing 11 atm plan on lvl'n both

The Doctor

The Doctor
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Resi wrote:They seem to be pretty anti-AH...but in a week or two SE has said they'd be implementing search and item type specific retainers and wards.

so.....an AH without calling it an AH? Nice~

Kenpachi

Kenpachi
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Kenpachi Zaraki

As of 03Oct2010:
18 Armorcraft
12 Blacksmith & Miner

I plan on having armorcrafting as my main profession, but I will also be trying to have smithing keep pace to be able to repair any weapons. I will also be dabbling in goldsmithing (currently like 8, so not really worth mentioning).

Orihime

Orihime
Behemoth
Behemoth

I am now a level 10blacksmith/15alchemist/15carpenter. Yay!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum