Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

FF14 Benchmark Program

+4
Master Chikung
MonMon
Mobius
Vittoria217
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1FF14 Benchmark Program Empty FF14 Benchmark Program Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:19 pm

Vittoria217

Vittoria217
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Okay, so is something wrong with the Benchmark program on SE website? To be honest, I have a very capable computer with a great graphics card and cannot seem to figure out why I am scoring so low. I ran the Benchmark multiple times in different settings/displays and I keep coming up 527. Now according to SE that is extremely horrible, as 1500 and below is unplayable - yet I had little to no issues in beta. Any ideas??? Here are some of my computer specs:

Processor: Intel Duo Core E7400 @ 2.8 GHz
Operating System: Windows 7 64 bit
Memory: 6 GB
Graphics: 4350 HD ATI Radeon 1GB dedicated

I know it is just a score, but am having trouble why my rating is so low.

*Edit, Here is some additional info:

Available Video Ram 3.7 GB
Pixel & Vertex Shader version 4.0

2FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:29 pm

Mobius

Mobius
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard

Yeah Vitt, the Benchmark score is whack in my opinion.

How the game actually runs during that benchmark is pretty accurate to what the game will run like. Problems with this benchmark are that it is forcing ambient occlusion, depth or field, 8xAA (possible on the shadows as well) and very unoptimized geometry - all of these provide a little graphical boost for a heavy CPU cost.

And then, I've had issues where the benchmark is not using all 6 of my cores.

I'd say that scoring a 500, taking off all of the unnecessary graphic boosters, and playing at 720p will get you smooth game play.

3FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:33 pm

Vittoria217

Vittoria217
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

I went on that can you run it website and I more than exceeded all the recommended requirements, so it is very strange. I think you are right in stating it is not using the pc to it's fullest potential. I turned up my monster of a graphics card to all optimal settings and it didn't improve my score one bit. The video and beta both ran as perfect as they could unless there was some server issue or something. Well, either way, I know I won't have any issues in the released version, thanks for answering that question though, at least I know now why the score is so low lol

4FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:35 pm

MonMon

MonMon
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

The Benchmark uses Alpha coding too...so it's pretty old and isn't really indicative of new engine optimizations.

5FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Mobius

Mobius
Spoony Bard
Spoony Bard

Might find some useful info about performance here too -

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=23423369&postcount=136

6FF14 Benchmark Program Empty My Benchmark Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:28 am

Master Chikung

Master Chikung
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

I used the benchmark program and I scored a 681, with Win 7 Pro 64, Phenom x4 2.8GHz, ATI Radeon HD 5400 series. 6 GB Ram. My score is blue. I just wanted to post this. Oh and the load time is 23519 ms.

Last edited by Master Chikung on Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added info.)

7FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:01 am

MonMon

MonMon
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

That's not really a good video card if you play at 1080p. O_o You could also get quite a bit more juice out of that processor too. Like Vis said though, you should probably play at 720p.

8FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:07 am

Orihime

Orihime
Behemoth
Behemoth

Yeah, that benchmark gave me a score of like 300...then again I was running it while playing Darkfall full screen on my other monitor...and a bunch of other things like the internet and ventrilo so that is probably why...xD

9FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:03 am

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Check out these two links to see where you processor and graphics card stack up in terms of gaming potential.

http://tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-460-radeon-hd-5570-gaming,2697-7.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu,2599-7.html

My old comp was running a E6600 and a 8800 GTX and generally scored a little over 2000 in the 720p. My new comp is running an I5 760 and a 1GB 460GTX and scores around 4600 in 720p and around 2000 in 1080p. Keep in mind this game is a juggernaut when it comes to graphical requirements and the benchmark isn't optimized too well. It is possible to get the max score on 1080p and it requires an i5 or i7 processor and top of the line graphics cards in SLI or crossfire mode. We're talking GTX 460s or better or HD 5770s or better.

For your specific situation, your graphics card is pretty old according to the list at toms hardware. I'm not doubting you can play the game, but what resolution are you playing at and what is your in game FPS? On my comp that had an E6600 and 8800 GTX i averaged 10 - 15 fps in the city of Gridania and 20 - 30 fps outside the city in the surrounding environs. This was at 1280x1024 with no ambient occlusion, no depth of field, reduced drawing distance, no physics, no dust.

10FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:11 am

MagicEmperor

MagicEmperor
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

One other thing, these are the official recommended specs from SE for your comp. I'm sure this is to ensure an average fps of 30.

Recommended System Specifications
Operating System Windows 7 32-bit / 64-bit *2
Processor Intel Core i7 (2.66 GHz) or faster
Memory 4 GB or more
Storage Install: 15 GB or more
Download: 6 GB or more
Video NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 460 with 768 MB VRAM or equivalent
Sound DirectSound® compatible sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)
Internet Broadband Internet connection
Resolution 1280 × 720 or higher; 32-bit
DirectX® DirectX® 9.0c
Controls Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad

*1 If using Windows XP, the executable files, installation, and version updates should be set to Administrator settings.
*2 64-bit operating systems will run in WoW64 (Windows on Windows 64) mode.

FINAL FANTASY XIV® for Windows® - Recommended In-Game Settings The following in-game settings are recommended to run the game smoothly.

Window Size and Display Mode 1280 × 720 (windowed)
Ambient Occlusion OFF
Depth of Field ON
Shadow Detail Standard
Multisampling 4 × MSAA
Buffer Size Window Size
Texture Quality High
Texture Filtering High

11FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Reply to MonMon Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:51 pm

Master Chikung

Master Chikung
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Hey man what should I use to get more juice out of my processor because now I just use AMD Fusion to close all Background apps and switch off unnessasary system functions to achieve better play? But the over clocking utility won't work with my processor I have tried I think because its not a Black Edition. Not sure.

Last edited by Master Chikung on Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed the Name)

12FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:55 pm

MonMon

MonMon
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

AMD Overdrive only works with certain chipsets and only with Phenom II Processors.. So you'll need to overclock manually in your BIOS if you don't have the chipsets they specify.

13FF14 Benchmark Program Empty re: Over drive Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:04 pm

Master Chikung

Master Chikung
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Mine is a Phenom II but not the black edition

14FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:17 pm

AuctionGirl

AuctionGirl
New User
New User

The benchmark program is very bad example, but your video card is pretty old, its 3-4 years old in technology.

HD5970 Single Card:
On 1920x1080, I score 3800, and 1280x720 I score about 7000, but in the open beta, I did get some laggy spots even with those higher scores.

I would say try the game and if you experience bad lag, order a new video card, and if your PC cant handle a newer video card then you are where I was before this and had to buy a new PC just to support the new video card.

My old PC with Q6600, 8800GTS 512MB, running Closed Beta, lagged very badly, and my motherboard would not support a better video card, so had to upgrade. Well Open beta was better on my old PC, but I still upgraded, as lag will make or break a game.

Anyways welcome to the forums and Goodluck in your XIV ventures

15FF14 Benchmark Program Empty To AG Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:52 pm

Master Chikung

Master Chikung
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Thanks and glad to be here. Ready to play this game though I know that...lol. Why is the patcher so slow? 2-4 hrs for a download....lame. See you guys when I can.

16FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:03 pm

blackstorm

Onion Knight
Onion Knight

It's better to use the links provided here with a better torrent client. The SE updater is a torrent client that maxes your upload bandwidth and needs a huge amount of ports open, very horrible design.

17FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Thanks Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:19 pm

Master Chikung

Master Chikung
Onion Knight
Onion Knight

Ill just wait because it fluxes back and forth now avg about 30 mins with 21 local connections.

18FF14 Benchmark Program Empty Re: FF14 Benchmark Program Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:21 pm

AuctionGirl

AuctionGirl
New User
New User

You guys are lucky, my shipping says in transit, and if it doesn't get here within the next 3-4 hours, I will miss the delivery truck. They better get here quickly, I want to get this installed and updating as soon as possible, so I can play when I have some time Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum